Our textile history goes back four generations. Starting from desert traders in old Indian cities, our rugs now come to you from the tradition of our history with a fusion of innovation, color and heritage.
Our family-owned U.S. company was founded in 1998 by our founder, Junior Gupta. Originally known as J Quilts, we manufactured and wholesaled primarily handcrafted quilts in country motifs from our factories in India with a small selection of matching braided rugs. In 2004, we re-focused by dropping the quilt line and expanding our handcrafted braided rug and accessories under the Homespice Decor product line. In 2006, we introduced our Out-Durable Stain Proof rug line (now known as Ultra-Durable rugs) and in 2008, we created our Green World braided jute rugs and accessories line.
Our customer base is primarily country home stores. The largest sector of our country stores focus on country and primitive motifs and other sectors include cottage, lake/coastal, transitional and lake/cabin motifs. Our products are carried by approximately 2,200 dealers throughout the U.S., Canada and select dealers in Central America and the Caribbean. These dealers range from traditional gift stores to furniture and home decor stores to hardware and patio stores to design studios and galleries. A sector of our dealers are e-tailers.
Award winning Design and Marketing
- 2008 “Best of Floor” for Outstanding Visual Display at The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market
- 2007 “Best of Category” Print Excellence Award for the Homespice Decor Catalog from the Printing & Imaging Association of Georgia
- 2007 “Award of Excellence” for the Homespice Decor Catalog from the Printing & Imaging Association of Georgia
- 2006 “Vendor of the Year” from Country Sampler’s CountryBusiness Magazine
- 2006 “Premiere Partner Award” from RugsUSA
- 1999 “Best New Product Award” Home Accessories Category – Soft at The New York Home Textiles Show
Our Values: We come from diverse backgrounds from around the world. At Homespice Decor, we all have one thing in common: we love working with other family-owned businesses. Because we face many of same challenges as our dealers, we are acutely aware we are only as successful as are our dealers. So we strive for close working relationships with them and rely upon their feedback and suggestions.We all love to innovate here, not only through our designs, but also through our systems and processes. Finding ways to improve our services, deliveries and more is always at the top of mind for us.